• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Positive pressure pump does not work - Mimaki SWJ320EA

ssb1923

hello, i have a different problem today

Some nozzles are lost during printing. After trying many different things I realized that it was due to air pressure and because positive pressure didn't work, it made air under heavy pressure.

When I open it with service mode and try the pressure pump and solenoid valve, it works fine, but the positive pressure pump does not work in normal pressure and air release mode. It's as if the software is not giving the command to pressurize the pump.

When I remove the air hose and create an artificial leak, nothing changes.

What triggers the pressure pump in the machine?

Thanks.

Dasdesignguy

Production Manager/Field Service Tech
The positive and negative pressures work in tandem, the negative pressure keeps the ink from just oozing out of the head and the positive pushes it out when it needs to print. I'm not sure about this specific model but all of the other Mimaki's I've worked on have a +/- air valve that you adjust using the service mode. An audible beep is heard, you then turn each valve until the beeping stops, then you are in a tolerable range (I believe it is 4.7 pka for the +). It should be in the install manual if you still have it. It's a good idea to check these weekly or so to ascertain if any quality issues you might be having are related to the pressures as the Mimaki air valve solenoids are hot garbage. Hope that helps.

Smoke_Jaguar

I know with some Mimaki printers there is an adjustment mode that lets you set the throttle valve for the pressurization system. Usually if the pressure is out, there is an error message. That said, it might be slightly off and worth checking if it is an accessible reading. With a printer as wide as that, the amount of pressure needed will probably be quite decent given the really long ink tubes.

ssb1923

There is no place for setting. Positive and negative pressure adjustment is made by adjusting the height of the subtanks. If I can increase the power of the air pump from the system parameters, my problem will be solved, but where to do it?