• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Possible embroidery font

binki

TIA

1649527935423.png

Aunt LuLu

Aunt LuLu
It is a "puff" font. Most of my fonts are close, but not exact. If your software allows, it is an easy one to duplicate.

Laura - aka - Aunt LuLu

WildWestDesigns

Wilcom has a few that are close, but definitely with differences.

While the application of it is in puff, that doesn't mean that it is a puff exclusive font. Most script fonts are easy enough to move to puff compared to your block fonts, so I wouldn't go directly off the application. The biggest concern would be the stitch width that may have changed from a regular font (regardless of font type), so may want to look at thinner ones as well.

That's if you need access to more copy from that font. If it's just what's pictured, that's easy enough to replicate (depending on digitizing software, even if wanting vector and not embroidery objects, easier to do with digitizing software compared to vector software, replicating tools are far more efficient, at least in my experience).

binki

It's actually going to be that word on hats. Unfortunatly I only have the picture to work off of.

WildWestDesigns

It's actually going to be that word on hats. Unfortunatly I only have the picture to work off of.
Even with it being from a picture of a hat, that is easy enough to do. Only compensation have to worry about is that it's not a perfectly flat substrate like a shirt that it's a picture of, that's easy enough to compensate for. I used to get a lot of this, having to work off an existing picture of embroidery of all kinds of substrates. This is actually quite "pure" (wait until you get to replicate a design stitched out on high pile substrates and that pile wasn't compensated for, or really any compensation at all was done) and it's a good picture.

I find that easier to do with digitizing software as the tools are more adapt for this type of work compared to traditional vector programs (or atleast the same tools were not as discoverable in vector programs for me compared to embroidery program), but still perfectly doable. But that does depend on what software you have and what level/modules you have.

binki

Even with it being from a picture of a hat, that is easy enough to do. Only compensation have to worry about is that it's not a perfectly flat substrate like a shirt that it's a picture of, that's easy enough to compensate for. I used to get a lot of this, having to work off an existing picture of embroidery of all kinds of substrates. This is actually quite "pure" (wait until you get to replicate a design stitched out on high pile substrates and that pile wasn't compensated for, or really any compensation at all was done) and it's a good picture.

I find that easier to do with digitizing software as the tools are more adapt for this type of work compared to traditional vector programs (or atleast the same tools were not as discoverable in vector programs for me compared to embroidery program), but still perfectly doable. But that does depend on what software you have and what level/modules you have.
Yeah, that is what I will be doing. Our best one was doing embroidery from a picture of a tatoo.