• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Poster Printing - Latex or Aqueous?

daenterpri

We currently have 2 latex printers, a 360 and an L26500. It's possible we might be getting an account to do a lot of poster printing. If this is the case, would it be better to get a cheaper aqueous printer like the Z6200? What are the pros and cons to printing on something like that for posters than our current latex printer? Are the inks cheaper? It sounds like they are much faster and have higher resolution.

Secondly, does anyone know where I can get wide format rolls of 24pt poster board? Or is that something that only comes in sheets? Looking for a thick and rigid poster board that we can print on.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Latex will be the most affordable way to print posters, the quality is just as good as an aqueous machine. For poster paper you can get a 9pt for $0.11 sq.ft but for aqueous you would be double that price for a decent poster stock. It will be difficult to get 24pt in rolls also

daenterpri

That's helpful, thank you!

Ya, my client is currently outsourcing printing of these 24pt poster boards elsewhere and I'm not sure how they do it because I can't find this product. I'm wondering if they are printing straight to sheets somehow. It's digitally printed, not screen printed though. I think the boards are around 24" x 36".

M@CK

You can buy custom rolls of 24pt stock at most commercial printer paper distributor, they will take a master roll and transform it for you.
Expect to have to buy a big quantity, I did. I use a LX610, might not run so well on a 360.