• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

power surge protector

dortonracing

Whats everyone doing for power surge protector, do you run them on your printers, cutters, laminators, or just plug into wall? I was told not to plug them in to power surge protector but that just seems like a problem waiting to happen. whats everyones else take on this?

SignaramaFL

We have the production computer, printer, and cutter all hooked up to a battery backup which is plugged into the wall (this has saved by butt a few times) and then the laminator is plugged into a surge protector.

njshorts

We have a whole-shop surge protector in the elec panel, plus we have a surge protector on all of our machines.

We have the production computer, printer, and cutter all hooked up to a battery backup which is plugged into the wall (this has saved by butt a few times) and then the laminator is plugged into a surge protector.

what size are you running? how much time do you get out of it? we're getting ready to scoop one up for the plotter and printer...

phototec

What brand, model, size is it?

:help

HaroldDesign

I use a APC Back-UPS 500VA on my printer, and an APC Smart-UPS 1400 (model 670W) battery backup for the computers.