• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PPF Film ?

autoexebat

I have a 2022 Mercedes AMG GLE 53 Coupe that I want to put the PPF on , I've done the ceramic coating to it but I want a little more protection .

Does anyone know what brand to go with and where to buy it ?

Thanks

Splash0321

Professional Amateur
If you’ve already done the ceramic coating you are probably out of luck.

PPF literally cannot stick to the Ceramic Coating. One of the properties of a high quality Ceramic Coating is its ability to make the surface of your vehicle very slick. The liquid polymer in ceramic bonds with your clear-coat and makes the surface extremely smooth to the touch. Decals, wraps, stickers, emblems, PPF…none of them will stick to it now.

autoexebat

If you’ve already done the ceramic coating you are probably out of luck.

PPF literally cannot stick to the Ceramic Coating. One of the properties of a high quality Ceramic Coating is its ability to make the surface of your vehicle very slick. The liquid polymer in ceramic bonds with your clear-coat and makes the surface extremely smooth to the touch. Decals, wraps, stickers, emblems, PPF…none of them will stick to it now.

Thanks for the info .

somcalmetim

I have a 2022 Mercedes AMG GLE 53 Coupe that I want to put the PPF on , I've done the ceramic coating to it but I want a little more protection .

Does anyone know what brand to go with and where to buy it ?

Thanks
Not that familiar with ceramic coatings (other than golf with a guy who does it professionally) but we use 3M 960 Pro Gloss PPF all the time at the shop on trucks/cars/buses/etc.
In past if we got anything with a slick Liquid Glass or other weird coatings we would try to wipe them off with varsol or other thinners or even flame treating before installing.
We buy PPF from a 3M Sign supply distributor called ND Graphics up here in Canadinavia...they have also started to carry Hexis brand as well but still testing longevity on that stuff.

If I were you in the past I would have done PPF instead of the ceramic coating at least on the front/bottom/exposed areas as it is a fairly thick durable layer completely covering your paint. The ceramic coatings look like they make it easier to wipe off bugs etc. but thick ppf film can actually take the brunt of some fairly serious scratches/bumps before it ever touches the paint and then is removable with heat and replaceable without bodywork.
I have found that depending on how it gets scratched PPF can protect almost anything up till the impact actually dents the panel.