• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pre Cut Sign Panels

mameighan

I need to replace a lighted sign panel. Small 20 x 36" panel. what is your go to material and who/where can I get a pre cut panel that size? I am in Missouri if that helps

Thanks

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If this is indoors, acrylic would be fine. If outside, at that size, you'd still be good, but could upgrade to poly carbonate if you'd like.

At that size, just about any sign supply house will have it. Glantz..... ??

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yes, many do. Your needs would be considered a quarter sheet. Many places will offer 1/4..... 1/2 or full sheet prices. You'll hafta ask your local vendors.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Hardware stores sell small acrylic too...and they will cut it right there on the spot. It's where you buy glass.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
The stuff they sell, generally isn't sign white type material. If you go that route, be sure to check if it's translucent or not. There are several types of acrylic with varying degrees of opacity. You need a lotta light to be able to pass through without allowing you to see the lamps within 4 inches of the face creating hot spots

henryz

Home Depot carries sheets that size, but it depends what you need color and thickness. If you are doing a menu board face exterior you might be looking at polycarb.

mameighan

Thanks guys. On a separate but related note. Client brought in a panel. I removed the old vinyl (full coverage) but it has left a lot of residue. Have used steam and goo gone but not working. What else can I use that wont affect the substrate (I am not sure what it is - clear acrylic? polycarbonate?) - any suggestions?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
At that size, it's not worth bothering with at all. Between chemicals, elbow grease and swearing time, you could buy 3 new pieces of substrate and still come out ahead.

Denatured alcohol is about the least harmful.