• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Price check on aisle 3 - Chrome Delete 2022 F-150

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Anyone care to share what they would charge for a chrome delete on a 2022 F-150 Platinum?

-Side mirrors
-Door handles
-Lower window trim
-Tailgate platinum panel & door handle
-Fender vents
-Front grille & lower bumper insert
-Side step bars

We removed all parts and wrapped w/ 3M 2080 Gloss black. Used about 4 yds. Had a fun time learning that the passenger side mirror glass does not remove like the driver side..... ask my how I know that those are back-ordered right now.

Anyways.....this isn't something we usually do, and did it as a favor. Curious what other shops would charge for this. And yes, I realize markets are different etc etc but just curious.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20220520_114055.jpg
    20220520_114055.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 4,406
  • 20220520_114116.jpg
    20220520_114116.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 392
  • 20220520_114132.jpg
    20220520_114132.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 502

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
we charge out the ass and tell them that we have a 6 week waiting list for them. We don't like doing them and they almost always come back.

for the full package we charge around $900-$1200

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Thanks for the input! Pretty wide range I see.

I also don't like doing these and probably won't again. I'd rather be keeping printers busy rather than tying myself up.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
Thanks for the input! Pretty wide range I see.

I also don't like doing these and probably won't again. I'd rather be keeping printers busy rather than tying myself up.
We used to do them all the time. We thought it was quick easy money. But they ALWAYS come back. They are tedious and time consuming.

Just to give you a breakdown of how we charge:
$50 per mirror cap
$300 per bumper
$275 platinum
$50 per door handle
$250 for the grill if we're going to do it. sometimes it's cheaper to just buy the black grill
$175 side steps
$50 fender vents.
This actually totals $1875. So there's where the figure comes from. It's not necessarily the material cost (except for the bumpers..thats a lot of material for the bumpers), it's the shop time.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
We used to do them all the time. We thought it was quick easy money. But they ALWAYS come back. They are tedious and time consuming.

Just to give you a breakdown of how we charge:
$50 per mirror cap
$300 per bumper
$275 platinum
$50 per door handle
$250 for the grill if we're going to do it. sometimes it's cheaper to just buy the black grill
$175 side steps
$50 fender vents.
This actually totals $1875. So there's where the figure comes from. It's not necessarily the material cost (except for the bumpers..thats a lot of material for the bumpers), it's the shop time.

Thanks for this! I actually called a local shop that does tons of this stuff and they broke it down and had similar prices as you did.

If all those parts were magically off the vehicle I feel like we could make money at those rates but it's all the removal/dismantling that takes lots of time and there is obviously the risk of breaking parts.

In this case everything came off nicely (thanks Youtube) with the exception of the passenger mirror glass, which shattered in my hands when removing.

How do you handle if something gets broken?

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
Thanks for this! I actually called a local shop that does tons of this stuff and they broke it down and had similar prices as you did.

If all those parts were magically off the vehicle I feel like we could make money at those rates but it's all the removal/dismantling that takes lots of time and there is obviously the risk of breaking parts.

In this case everything came off nicely (thanks Youtube) with the exception of the passenger mirror glass, which shattered in my hands when removing.

We have a local paint and body shop that we work directly with. They will fix something for us if we can't fix it.

And the reason we try to stay away from grills, sometimes you have to take the whole front off to get the grill out. it's a pia and not worth the hassle sometimes.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica

silicone and super glue and hope it makes it to walmart before it falls off. Then they can blame whoever parked next to them. I hate taking stuff off, its very time consuming. Watching the youtube videos is too, they blabber on and on about themselves rather than just cutting to the chase.