• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pricing for HDU sign

bigben

I outsource all my 3D signs to a shop near me since I don't have a CNC and paint shop. Never got a problem with pricing. I always been able to add a markup and be competitive.

I've got a request for a sign made of 1.5in HDU with a wood looking carving (like a 2.5D I guess). The overall size is 28inX20in, painted 2 colors and a side support made of aluminum square tubing that is painted black. I've never sold a sign like this before. The quote I have seems high for the overall size.

I don't like when people but pricing here so if few of you can send me a PM, I will send you the price I've got and I would like to have your opinion on it. To give you an idea, the price is higher than a 48X96 light box.

And to let you know, I'm located in Canada. So I assume the pricing will be different thant the US.

Thanks.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Most suppliers will sell by the 1/2 or 1/4 sheet to save you money. I can't imagine a sign that little will cost around $950, but then maybe they wanna make more than they have in the past.

John Miller

It takes much more time to do an overall texture on a panel than it does to carve letters. That could be part of the price difference.

bigben

It takes much more time to do an overall texture on a panel than it does to carve letters. That could be part of the price difference.

I was going to say what John Miller did. If you have a wood grain texture as the background, then they have to go over the entirety of the panel.

Oh! I completely understand it take more time. Gino give me a quote for the job and my normal guy was 2.5 times more expensive.