• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Print and cut question

BRated

Hey guys quick question I find often on larger cut decals I'm having an issue where the cut doesn't line up. I am using register marks and have previously calibrated the print and cut in rasterlink and changed the offsets (on the printer) so it matches the print cut test with registration marks. Do I have to do this rest everytime I print and cut? Info this is a 1200mm by 800mm decal
20210624_100644.jpg

Neil

No, you don't have to re-calibrate every time. I haven't changed mine in over 6 years.
I'd check that your roller pressure is high enough to prevent slippage.
Some backing papers are more slippery.
Make sure the media is loaded square and straight.
Also, run the sheet back and forward before you set the origin.

BRated

No, you don't have to re-calibrate every time. I haven't changed mine in over 6 years.
I'd check that your roller pressure is high enough to prevent slippage.
Some backing papers are more slippery.
Make sure the media is loaded square and straight.
Also, run the sheet back and forward before you set the origin.
How do you apply the pressure rollers when you cut default I had 2 at each end I would assume more rollers would equal more stability and less slip is that the case?

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Our CJV30 has had the same print and cut settings for a number of years. The rollers definitely help.

Print HLLLLH
Cut HMMMMH

if you’re having trouble try slowing it down a touch too. Make sure the blade depth is just enough instead of too heavy also.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Am I reading the picture correctly and the cut is about 1.5" too far up? If that's the case, are you printing and cutting immediately after or are you laminating or something like that in between?

BRated

Am I reading the picture correctly and the cut is about 1.5" too far up? If that's the case, are you printing and cutting immediately after or are you laminating or something like that in between?
This was print and cut straight after, no lamination, and i had registration marks. Sometimes i have this issue sometimes i dont i think ive found a decent pressure on the rollers that it isnt much of a problem.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
I’ve always found print and cut a bit unpredictable. I definitely get better results when I print, then read the marks, then cut. Instead of letting the machine print then cut in one go.

Though nowadays we just throw 99% of the jobs on the summa so the cutting isn’t an issue lol. So much quicker when you can cut without stopping printing lol

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Check the lever mechanism in the back of the machine. It often breaks and makes it so when you lower the lever, it doesn't lower all the way down. The sensor still trips so the machine thinks it's all the way down but it's not so the media skews while printing and cutting.