• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print and Cut without Summa Marks

Goatshaver

So I have this red glitter material I print on for a customer and I've used my old Roland SP540 but I'm trying to get away from that. My summa cannot read these marks. I've tried taping over them and cutting out the reg mark, I've tried it with a yellow filter over my OPOS sensor and it might read it but it's very difficult and when it does the cuts are off.

Is there any way I can make a setup to print on my epson and then cut out these sticker sheets without using the OPOS marks? If so how can I achieve this?

Thanks!

FrankW

In the manual you will find a description of a method to align the cut contour manually.

Attila Nagy

I used to do Cut contour with my PNC-1100 or any cutter without OPOS. Find a way to fill your material straight, make sure X-Y size properly calibrated on the printer and the cutter as well. Find the '0' point with the blade, be aware of the blade offset

Goatshaver

In the manual you will find a description of a method to align the cut contour manually.

If you're talking about this section, this is all it tells you.
4.3.1.8 Media alignment
Align load is a special loading procedure to register marks, so that pre-printed jobs can be
contour-cut.
Otherwise it's all about OPOS that I can find. There is nothing I can find that tells you how to manually register marks.

I see it tells you if it can't read them to register them manually but there isn't much in the way of details. I'm pretty sure I tried it without any success about 6 months ago.

Goatshaver

I used to do Cut contour with my PNC-1100 or any cutter without OPOS. Find a way to fill your material straight, make sure X-Y size properly calibrated on the printer and the cutter as well. Find the '0' point with the blade, be aware of the blade offset
I never got training on my machine. I only know what I've learned by trial and error mostly. I don't know how to set origins and stuff like that on this machine. All I know how to do is optical recognition with the OPOS.

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
Cut four crop marks from old white vinyl prints (see attached photo) trim them at the red lines I have drawn, then align and stick them on top of the marks on your Red Glitter Material.

Attachments

• 20210327_224120.jpg
    20210327_224120.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 187

Goatshaver

Cut four crop marks from old white vinyl prints (see attached photo) trim them at the red lines I have drawn, then align and stick them on top of the marks on your Red Glitter Material.
I'm not really sure I understand what you're trying to describe. Taking the registration marks which have been printed on white vinyl, which are .12" black squares for OPOS, and pasting them on the glitter? I might have 8-10 of those depending on how long my printed sheet is.
I've tried putting masking tape over the squares and cutting the tape away from the registration mark and I've still had trouble with it reading.

FrankW

It depends on your cutter model you havent mentioned until know. Could be that the feature isnt supported or described anymore.

Goatshaver

It depends on your cutter model you havent mentioned until know. Could be that the feature isnt supported or described anymore.
SummaCut D140. It Says its possible to do manual registration. I think I'm halfway there, but just missing some important steps.

I set it to XY Adjustment, which I think is the right setting for this. I initiate the cutting through Onyx Cut Server via TCP/IP it asks to set the origin point then move to first mark. However I'm not sure where my origin is. I assumed it was the lower right corner mark on the sheet, but the cuts are off after I register the points it asks for. It also drops the cutting head down when I do this and scratches across the sheet.

I've been trying to get tech support from the company I got it from to give me a call back on it. I'm sure there are steps that I'm missing in getting to achieve this.

Goatshaver

I tried some masking tape again, no success, I tried cutting out a registration mark from a printed sheet and pasting it over the printed mark, still no luck, I cut even more around that area to give it more white area and it still couldn't locate the mark.
This is the only material I use that I haven't been able to get it to read the marks. I'm stumped on this one and they only come to me for this one thing and I might have to tell my customer I can't do it anymore. Only way I can see getting it to work right now is by purchasing an OPOS Cam machine.

Attachments

• 20210810_183939.jpg
    20210810_183939.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 167
  • 20210810_183947.jpg
    20210810_183947.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 175