• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Print & Cut logo

SkyHighSigns

Hello everyone, we our newer to the graphic design world due to our designer being let go a few weeks ago. So i need some help on how to Print and Cut a logo i have for a customer. We use adobe illustrator and Graphtec plotter. we have watched a few videos on youtube but no luck :confused:

Thanks

IDB Signs

Is it just going be from cut vinyl? You mention printing, what sort of printer do you have? I assume you already have the logo designed and have that file that you're trying to print and cut?

SkyHighSigns

Is it just going be from cut vinyl? You mention printing, what sort of printer do you have? I assume you already have the logo designed and have that file that you're trying to print and cut?
We have a HP Latex 360 printer yes i would be printing off the logo, just not to familiar with registration markings and such

IDB Signs

We run a Roland and use Versaworks for our RIP, so I'm sure your set up will be different. The 360 is a printer only, correct? So you would be printing, laminating if it gets it, then using the Graphtec? Sorry I can be of more help, the Roland is a Print and Cut, so anything we laminate gets printed with marks, laminated, then put back into the printer and registered and cut out. I'm sure its similar, hopefully someone familiar with that equipment can chime in?

AKwrapguy

Hello everyone, we our newer to the graphic design world due to our designer being let go a few weeks ago. So i need some help on how to Print and Cut a logo i have for a customer. We use adobe illustrator and Graphtec plotter. we have watched a few videos on youtube but no luck :confused:

Thanks

So if your rocking a HP Latex does that mean you also have Flexi?

If so open the logo in Flexi.
Select the logo and go to 'Effects' menu
Select 'Contour Cut' A box will pop up or the 'Design Central' window will change.
I the 'Design Central' window you can adjust the pillow, as well as if you want holes or not.
Once you have everything set up the way you want. Select the logo and than hit the 'Rip and Print' button.
Flexi Rip and Print box should pop up. Use the tab on the far right to set up registration marks. On cuts small than 48" I use Graphtec 4 point type 2
Go to the Advance Options tab to make sure you can the correct material selected
Go to the General tab to make sure your material width is correct and placement on the material is correct.
Send to the production manager.

Don't forget to laminate before you cut.

equippaint

You opened a sign business without even knowing how to run a plotter and now you're trying to figure it out as you go through youtube and on here. Why would you not learn the trade first? This place is making my head hurt

unclebun

I believe we use a software called Onyx ? for ripping purposes
So that means that in Illustrator, before you export the file for printing, there has to be a vector line where you want it to cut, and it has to be given the color CutContour (which should already be in your custom palette if you had been doing this before). Then export the logo with its cutcontour as an eps or pdf file. Open your Onyx Rip-Queue software and open the logo file using your Print-Cut Quickset. Once it's ripped, you can right click it and change the number of copies you need. The RIP applies the necessary positioning marks to the print for the cutter to read. This is a gross oversimplification, but if you have further questions, you should read the Onyx manual.

SkyHighSigns

So that means that in Illustrator, before you export the file for printing, there has to be a vector line where you want it to cut, and it has to be given the color CutContour (which should already be in your custom palette if you had been doing this before). Then export the logo with its cutcontour as an eps or pdf file. Open your Onyx Rip-Queue software and open the logo file using your Print-Cut Quickset. Once it's ripped, you can right click it and change the number of copies you need. The RIP applies the necessary positioning marks to the print for the cutter to read. This is a gross oversimplification, but if you have further questions, you should read the Onyx manual.
Thanks for the info bun, we will give this a try.

AGCharlotte

Your old designer was probably using the Cutting Master plugin for Illustrator. Under File in Illustrator, you should see Cutting Master 3 or Cutting Master 4. 3 is pretty straightforward, but I haven't spent enough time with 4 yet to walk you through anything. In 3, you just pick the Registration Marks option and I usually click "Relative to Cut Job" to set my marks. It previews so you can tell how it places. Print your file, do everything else pre-cut, then load it in the Graphtec, aim the cutter within the reg marks and use the Send to Cutting Master option from Illustrator to send it to the cutter. You'll have to figure out cut conditions/etc on your own but I'd assume that they're still loaded on the Graphtec... you just need to figure out which to use.

You can ALSO cut from Onyx... but I have yet to teach myself that. :)

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
Smart man, you can only do this> :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:...................................................................... so many times.