• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print head replacement... Help...

SignDeeJay

Hello its me again... My boss has replaced 2 new print heads but the replacements had like 5 different codes on the packaging. which one is the head ID. The service manual doesn't explain what to look for.

Any help or a link to a video or something would be very helpful,

Thank you in advance for taking time to help us.
DeeJay

stevenjowens

I sympathize. I wish I had more info but I'm afraid I've never done it myself. I'm giving up fixing my JV3-160sp and I'm about to post the parts for sale. However, the two heads I recently bought have labels that supposedly have head IDs, and they look like this:

8934C1
TXS0XXR
T.....
005..E

I changed a few of the numbers because I don't know if any of that ID string is important, but I would guess your head ID looks somewhat similar...?

This is also what it looks like in a photo of a head ID the head replacement PDF I have, which is attached, named "JV3 Series-Head Replacement Pro.pdf".

I have also attached two other documents about print head replacement and print head alignment. I have never actually used any of these myself, so I cannot say whether or not they are correct, or whether they or suitable for your printer or your problem.

Good luck.

Attachments

• JV3 Series-Head Replacement Pro.pdf
    4.3 MB · Views: 125
  • JV3_head_replacement.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 165
  • JV3_Print_Head_Alignments.pdf
    306.8 KB · Views: 123