• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print latex on Brushed Titanium - Avery or 3M (?)

Ernestww

I have a client that wants to wrap an aluminum fishing boat with Brushed Titanium (no problem), blending (his words) into fish scales...hmmm.

This will be out crashing through the salt chuck so it cant be a bunch of cut vinyl overlays as they will just blow off and choke a sea turtle.

I see people on this board saying they print on Supreme wrap film but nobody mentions laminating.

Is it possible to print on Brushed titanium (I'm thinking black scale shapes 'blending' away) then laminate and end up with a durable end result? Has anyone done anything like this?

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
We wrap boats all of the time. And we print boat wraps all the time. I'm not sure about printing on brushed aluminum. I've never done that. Mainly because I have a 54" printer and they brushed aluminum is 60". But I would think you might end up with unevenness in the print because its textured? But I could be wrong.

We did print a wrap on the 3m ij80mc and it gave it a metallic finish. It was pretty cool. This particular pattern is what locked up my rip station because the file was so big (layers on top of layers). Then we put the decals on top of it. The lettering on the bottom is printed reflective.

1661548770589.png

Ernestww

We wrap boats all of the time. And we print boat wraps all the time. I'm not sure about printing on brushed aluminum. I've never done that. Mainly because I have a 54" printer and they brushed aluminum is 60". But I would think you might end up with unevenness in the print because its textured? But I could be wrong.

We did print a wrap on the 3m ij80mc and it gave it a metallic finish. It was pretty cool. This particular pattern is what locked up my rip station because the file was so big (layers on top of layers). Then we put the decals on top of it. The lettering on the bottom is printed reflective.

View attachment 161175
Looks great! Yes, I am pushing the client toward print media. We have done a few boats for this guy (they build them) and they have always chosen a metallic wrap vinyl. But now they want to get funky!