• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Print Mimaki/Cut Summa

annette

Hi folks, I'm new here and looking for some advice. I've been using the Mimaki/Summa combo for several years with Flexi as my rip software. I recently started working out of a different shop that uses Rasterlink 6 and I'm trying to figure out how to contour cut a print/cut on the Summa using Rasterlink. I haven't found any online tutorials so I thought I should ask here.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It won't cut out of Rasterlink. You will need to add Summa crop marks to your design in your design software, print out of Rasterlink, and then cut through Summa's software or some other 3rd party cutting software like Flexi. Rasterlink will only run Mimaki machines.

annette

Thanks so much! I'm designing in CorelDraw. I've never added crop marks to the design before. How do I send it from the Summa software so that the sensor finds them? I always used Flexi and the software added them automatically.

FrankW

Which software do you use for cutting? There are plugins available for CorekDraw to add OPOS-marks to your artwork, and to send your job to Winplot or Gosign. From this softwares you can send the jobs to a cutter in a way what will start marker reading.

Look for contour cutting related to the cut software you use. Will be that it is not as integrated as using Flexi for printing and cutting, but easily possible too.

annette

I'm using Winplot for cutting but I'm designing at home so I don't have Corel on the same computer that is attached to the printer and cutter.

Thanks for your help. I will do some more investigating.

FrankW

That doesnt matter. you can install the plugins for adding the marks on your computer at home without winplot installed.

If you do not have Corel installed on the computer on which winplot is installed, you can install winplot anyway, could send the plot data from your corel to „your“ winplot, save the file in native winplot format and that that file with you. Then open it in the winplot where the cutter is and cut through OPOS-button.