• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print N’ Stick not sticking

CC-CMYK

Has anyone used Lexjet Print N’ Stick?

We’ve been using it and it bubbles and channels the next day when we installed a big project on some 16’ walls. It seems to be fixed with a heat gun and squeegee. Has anyone dealt with this?

jcskikus

Owner, Designer & Installer
Did you do a test prior to installing for the walls? Are they painted with VOC paint? If so, it WILL come up again as anything with VOC paint has silicone in it. Do a test with vinyl on the wall and use a fish weight scale to see how much pull (in lbs) it takes to cause the vinyl to fail and come off.

CC-CMYK

Did you do a test prior to installing for the walls? Are they painted with VOC paint? If so, it WILL come up again as anything with VOC paint has silicone in it. Do a test with vinyl on the wall and use a fish weight scale to see how much pull (in lbs) it takes to cause the vinyl to fail and come off.
The walls were painted with Sherwin Williams promar 200 6 months ago. All tests stuck well with a stronger adhesion then the usual 40c we’ve been using for years on these same walls. This paint has none of the usual additives like silicone.

jcskikus

Owner, Designer & Installer
The walls were painted with Sherwin Williams promar 200 6 months ago. All tests stuck well with a stronger adhesion then the usual 40c we’ve been using for years on these same walls. This paint has none of the usual additives like silicone.

The Sherman Williams paint you listed is a VOC paint. I had the same issue in the past, at Rutgers University in Newark some years back with one wall that was painted. The rest I skim coated with mud as the wall was tiled (just sanded, tack clothed, and applied). It went on great and stuck for a short period and then tunneled or, in some cases, the panel would start peeling itself off at the top. Found that it wouldn't stick long term to the VOC paint and that the heating vents at the ceiling were causing the panels to accelerate their adhesion time and loosen the grip of the vinyl to the wall.

CC-CMYK

The Sherman Williams paint you listed is a VOC paint. I had the same issue in the past, at Rutgers University in Newark some years back with one wall that was painted. The rest I skim coated with mud as the wall was tiled (just sanded, tack clothed, and applied). It went on great and stuck for a short period and then tunneled or, in some cases, the panel would start peeling itself off at the top. Found that it wouldn't stick long term to the VOC painti and that the heating vents at the ceiling were causing the panels to accelerate their adhesion time and loosen the grip of the vinyl to the wall

I don’t think it’s the paint but do you have any recommendations on what paint I should spec out? I’ve been installing on these walls for years now and have never had this problem.