• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print not printing in a straight line

I have a Roland SP540V. It was printing today and stopped and started beeping "Carraige is Disconneted" now when i print as it print it get out of line and the print has a bow in it.. Anyone got any ideas before i spend time on tech support hold..

Well I read back a few topics and saw the same problem, I turned it off and back on. I started a print and about 6" into it give me a Service call 0110... What is this??

ChiknNutz

This is typically indicative of the encoder strip being dirty (both the skewed print and the service code). This is the clear strip (about 1" wide) that runs lengthwise parallel to the print head travel. GENTLY clean it with IPA and a swab or similar.

signage

I have read not to use rubbing alcohol due to having oils in it! you want Isopropyl alcohol