• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print problems CJV30

fellovergen

Hi I was hoping someone could give me a little enlightenment on a print problem.

For a couple of months my magenta had been drying in, after a soak it was Ok but soon started drying in again. and started drying in an almost v pattern towards the black (unfortunately I have no test prints left to illustrate this)

After a bit of research on here it sound like either

a/ capping station issues
b. pump issues
c/ dampers

I've now changed all three but still have a problem. test print.jpg

as illustrated by the attached test print.On changing the dampers I obwerved that the magenta had in fact been leaking as could be seen from the pigment around it on pic signs 101.jpg 3

One thing I'm wondering is could this have anything to do with the second picture in which some ink seapage can be seen on the foam padding betwwen the magenta damper and the data cable. seapage.jpg

I can't tell how far the seapage has soaked or if it's perhaps eaten into the data cable slightly.

Is this possible? Could this effect the print?

Cheers

Jon

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The ink possibly made it to the cable but the sponge should have caught it. When you changed the cap top make sure you put the blue rubber stopper on the third hole under the cap top. The cap should have 2 clear tubes connected to it going to the pump and then the third hole should be plugged. Also make sure your pump tubes are correct. The pump only pumps one way so if the tubes are in the wrong order, it will try to pump up into the head rather then pull from it. Also double check that the tubes between the cap top and pump tubes are not clogged. The connector in the middle has a smaller diameter and tends to get clogged. You can test the pump by running a cleaning cycle and watching the tubes. The ink should flow down both tube and through the pump easily. If one tube works but the other doesn't, it's either backwards or clogged.