• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

print runs

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Obviously I'm not a print shop but it's not uncommon I walk into a shop running roll after roll after roll etc. Goes pretty fast when you do loads of wraps or wallpapers etc.
But I guess even I can say I sometimes print a full roll to test it...

Last edited:

ikarasu

100 yard rolls! Super heavy, but we were doing tons of wraps and I got left swapping out 50 yard rolls so I bought a few 100 yard rolls. It wasn't worth it.... Mike my back loading and unloading and then loading into the laminator...

For putting and cut we keep the cut panels at 15 ft Mac length, but still print full rolls with when cutting.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
In a day, or largest single customer order?

longest day print run would have been around 600m / 12 rolls.
longest single order print run would have been around 2500m / 50 rolls
and all finished on the fotoba.

BVG

In a day, or largest single customer order?

longest day print run would have been around 600m / 12 rolls.
longest single order print run would have been around 2500m / 50 rolls
and all finished on the fotoba.
Bet you were thankful for the Colorado print speed on those.

YNOT_TONY

Often run two up rolls on the Latex 1500, changing out every 3 hours then run 2 more rolls. Last fall I ran 10,000 sqft of supplied carpet over a weekend on my HP FB750 flatbed.

CanuckSigns

we run full roles on a regular basis, we then cut on our summa flatbed, however I make sure each "section" is no longer than 20', but with the barcodes it just keeps going.

My largest large format roll job was 26 - 54"x 164' rolls of vinyl + laminate decals for one job. On the flatbed have run several pallets of material for larger jobs.

citysignshop

So far for me 10' LOL
Ummm, yeah, not able to print/cut or laminate anything more than about 10'....things just don't track well enough...but in fact, most of my jobs are small wraps or 4'x8' type signage, so I've never had the NEED to address these issues. Roland Vs-540 won't print /cut well at all....my Royal Sovereign 54" laminator was fine for about 10 years of VERY light use, now doesn't track worth beans. Tired of troubleshooting all this BS, just use it, and dream of hand-lettering back in '85!

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
I mean, I've printed jobs that required 300+ rolls of media (plus 300+ of laminate), so... it's all relative. As far as size for a single job, murals that used 3 rolls of media. Print/cut items, we always tried to keep sections under 20' because the guy who laminated stuff wouldn't always keep the tension even on the laminator and the media would start to skew when plotting- particularly with heavy materials (reflectives, etc.).

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I mean, I've printed jobs that required 300+ rolls of media (plus 300+ of laminate), so... it's all relative. As far as size for a single job, murals that used 3 rolls of media. Print/cut items, we always tried to keep sections under 20' because the guy who laminated stuff wouldn't always keep the tension even on the laminator and the media would start to skew when plotting- particularly with heavy materials (reflectives, etc.).
I don't have a take up reel. I guess I need to get one!

BigNate

... a decade+ ago my employer got the job to make 4 million credit card sized coupons for a major sub sandwich company. had a big "Q" and lots of green and red. it all ran on a 40" press - took over a week to cut apart in 12 hour shifts on the guillotine.