• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print US Letter Sheet on a Roland BN-20A

mvpro

I have recently started a sticker business with BN-20A (small custom batches and small jobs). I have a very specific uncoated paper media in letter size sheets and it holds eco sol ink beautifully.
This was unexpected and great news, however BN-20A needs 2 inches of media overhead and stops printing when paper is half way through. "Letter" size 8.5x11 sheet can use 50% of paper width at most.
I used "Letter" size setting in Versaworks and was expecting better paper handling. I suspect the front margin is required for a heater element.

Can I cover back sensor with masking tape so it can finish the print? Is there a way to minimize top margin and stop the media waste?

I would love to have this media on a roll, however had no luck finding it.

netsol

use blue painter tape on leading edge to attach to a larger sheet?
leave media set to roll, so it doesn't advace looking for end of sheet

mvpro

It has adhesive, so I think that replacing the liner with a larger roll version would do the trick along with some thin artist tape. Thanks for the awesome idea.