• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print width

midnightmadman

What is the max width you can get the printer to go to the edges of the vinyl.
I am printing on 30" vinyl. I would like to get 29.75 but not sure how to do it. It seems to stop at 1/2 on each side.

TheSnowman

I don't think your gonna get it. I've got a 54", but can only print about 51". 48" if I have to cut it.

midnightmadman

shoot. I heard there was a way to trick it into doing it... I even heard you can trick it into going right to the edge, but u need to put masking tape down on the machine so the ink doesnt spray over the edge onto it.

Jackpine

That is the default with Mutoh. Use 36" material is about the only way you will print wider than 29".
What is the max width you can get the printer to go to the edges of the vinyl.
I am printing on 30" vinyl. I would like to get 29.75 but not sure how to do it. It seems to stop at 1/2 on each side.

rdm01

I routinely print straight to the edge of my material (38" wide on 38" material),
but I have a 54" Printer. Is it just your material that is 30", or is your printer a
30" model? If your printer is a 30" printer than you are only going to be able to
print about 95-98% of that width.

rdm01

I just make sure to have my outermost rollers not on the media, have the
inner ones actually holding the media, and then find out the offset from the
right most roller (if facing the front of the printer). So on my machine if my
rightmost roller is 1.5" from the edge of the media, then I would offset my
print 1.125" (my printer will start printing .375" from the rightmost roller). This
should make the print start right on the edge of the media. It will take a little
trial and error the first couple times, and I suggest a little mask on the platen
to keep from printing it!

rdm01

I have managed to do a 20' banner with only being about .25" off at the end,
but yes, it is risky. If possible, I would just use larger media and price the
waste into the job.