• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print with a Roland and cut with a Mutoh ??

UnionPrinter

Hello all you Sign makers, I need some help and hope someone can help me.
I need to print and perf cut some stickers.
I have a Roland SP 540v and a Mutoh Printer & Mutoh Cutter. And I use Flexi to control the Mutoh. But the Mutoh printer is not working correctly and the tech won’t be out here for a couple weeks.
So I’m trying to print with the Roland and Cut with the Mutoh Cutter.
But of the crop marks on either machine are different. Does anybody know how to either?
I was thinking that maybe Flexin would allow me to download the printed file with the crop mark so Roland could print it and then still use the Cutter ??

I was thinking that maybe Flexin would allow me to download the printed file with the crop mark so Roland could print it and then still use the cutter??

Can anybody help?

UnionPrinter

Hi Attila Nagy,
That’s a good suggestion.
I don’t know that it would put Mutohs crop marks on the Roland so that might not work. I almost want to cheat and see if I can just design the crop Marks that Mutoh makes and lay it in illustrator and see if the Mutoh will read it

Attila Nagy

Hi Attila Nagy,
That’s a good suggestion.
I don’t know that it would put Mutohs crop marks on the Roland so that might not work. I almost want to cheat and see if I can just design the crop Marks that Mutoh makes and lay it in illustrator and see if the Mutoh will read it
The Cropmark is depending on the selected Cutter . Finding the correct color Profile for the Roland is the worrying part.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 17.29.25.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 17.29.25.png
    29.1 KB · Views: 22

Ronny Axelsson

Don't know anything about Flexi, but isn't it all about getting marks with the correct look, position and size printed, so that your plotter can read them and cut?
I bought an HP Latex printer when my Mimaki got unreliable some years ago, but still use my Mimaki plotter.

All I have to do is include the cut marks needed in my design, export to PDF and print on the HP, and then load the material into the plotter and it reads the marks just fine via Mimaki's FineCut plug-in.
Same thing with the Mutoh UV-printer and Mimaki plotter, no issues.

But, like I said, I have no idea how Flexi works.

Dale D

The Cropmark is depending on the selected Cutter . Finding the correct color Profile for the Roland is the worrying part.
I have not had luck with Flexi and there profiles, so I use Flexi to add marks, then send to Versaworks, then let Roland versaworks use their icc profiles.
I Print with marks on a Roland and then cut with a Summa, but its the same process.

UnionPrinter

Don't know anything about Flexi, but isn't it all about getting marks with the correct look, position and size printed, so that your plotter can read them and cut?
I bought an HP Latex printer when my Mimaki got unreliable some years ago, but still use my Mimaki plotter.

All I have to do is include the cut marks needed in my design, export to PDF and print on the HP, and then load the material into the plotter and it reads the marks just fine via Mimaki's FineCut plug-in.

Thank you for responding Ronny, So yes it's all about getting those crop marks to be read. I know how to draw a few lines like it shows, but I was scared that just drawing some lines wouldn't work. But with the flexi program I was able to load all my printers (Mutoh and Roland) and this way I can tell it what I'm doing and it worked.. which is great for me.

UnionPrinter

I have not had luck with Flexi and there profiles, so I use Flexi to add marks, then send to Versaworks, then let Roland versaworks use their icc profiles.
I Print with marks on a Roland and then cut with a Summa, but its the same process.
makes sense. I'll try saving the file and using Versaworks to see if it makes any difference
Thank you.

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
makes sense. I'll try saving the file and using Versaworks to see if it makes any difference
Thank you.
Okay, this might be a stupid question, but why don't you both print and cut on the SP-540V, as it is a Printer/cutter? It looks like you have a solution for the current want, but was curious.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller

In flexi, when you add the contour cut, it adds the registration marks to the print file.