• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printed on home printer - gets stuck on transfer tape

SodaOR

I am just getting started, and I'm starting very small. I have an inkjet printer - and a cricut.
The printing on cricut printable vinyl works pretty well, holds ink decent enough but when I transfer it to tape I can't seem to get it off. All other types of vinyl, even heavy oracal I can get off no problem. I've tried various tapes and it all seems to be the same. After really studying the good vinyl vs this printable stuff it feels like this is more like sticker paper rather than "vinyl" although it is definitely vinyl.

So, I guess my next question is what printable vinyl should I be using?

Some options:

Let me know, thanks! :)

weyandsign

Never used inkjet vinyl before. But I know what you mean that it has a paper like surface. Maybe try clear transfer tape, or low tack tape. Or stick the tape to your shirt before you stick it to the vinyl.

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
Unfortunately with your home inkjet printing water based ink versus a mild solvent or latex like commercial printers the ink is never really going to bond to vinyl that we’ll. Like others said you could try los tack tape but it might not be something you can solve.