• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printer choice

Which printer would you purchase.

• Hp365

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • Epson 80600

Votes: 20 55.6%

• Total voters

jpescobar

Epson is by far better in many printing aspects like color gamut, accuracy and consistency. HP Latex despite the versatility has shown many issues in almost all its models. I ordered a SureColor S40600 that will come in the couple next weeks which will satisfy my needs in indoor and outdoor applications.
Again congratulations klingsdesigns and we hope to see much more of your prints.

klingsdesigns

The thing is def built solid. Took about 6 guys to lift it on the stand. Other than that was fairly easy to setup. Still a huge learning curve for me with having a printer and a cutter separate and also learning onyx. The summa is interesting to learn compared to my fc5100 graphtec.

jpescobar

Yes it's really heavy (615 lbs - 279 Kg) and well built product. Go with 54" Summa vinyl cutter. I don't know which Onyx version came with your printer but my dealer told me it's Onyx RIPCenter Epson Edition. I think the RIP version is different depending on location area. Anyway it's a good RIP with essential features included like nesting, Adobe PDF print engine, color management, print and cut...

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
The thing is def built solid. Took about 6 guys to lift it on the stand. Other than that was fairly easy to setup. Still a huge learning curve for me with having a printer and a cutter separate and also learning onyx. The summa is interesting to learn compared to my fc5100 graphtec.

Have you printed any test files from the Onyx root directory > Samples> Profiling folder yet?

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
I’m surprised those files we not the first prints off the new install as they are S.O.P. when setting up Onyx. Anyway, it would behove you to see the results as to where your printing process stands as of now, being new and all. The prints should appear rather perfect and should be kept for reference for as long as you own the machine or until you produce even more perfect prints of the same files and use those as gospel.

Going forward and printing the files routinely, if you see any deviation it will be an indication that something in the process has changed and should be fixed. With this machine, your fix will most likely fall upon something to do with workflow or the mechanical advance on the machine being the reason color or resolution has changed. The mechanical advance of the machine is stable but one needs to sure they are actually using settings they believe them to be. Fortunately, workflow mistakes are often found to be at fault and, once ferreted, they are quick to fix.

klingsdesigns

They are coming Monday to go over the printer with us. I just needed it working so I can keep up with jobs until then. I will make sure those get printed. Thanks for the heads up.