• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printer Problem

BRUSHMARKS

So we sent a job for print. it is an enclosed trailer. it was designed in CS3 as RGB. sent to Onyx as a flattened tiff. i set it at 8pass BD. i sent the entire job and half way through so we were low on magenta ink. well we didnt have any magenta at the shop so i called and ordered more ink. we are running Lyson 1300 series ink in or JV3. So when the panel it was on ended i canceled the job. and shut off printed. well 2 days later we get the ink, so i fire the machine back up. pull the jobs from the bottom of Onyx back to the top, and figure what panels still need to be printed. and then resend those panels for print. Everthing is printing fine and then about 8 feet in th emagenta runs out so i replace it and go back to my other jobs. it finishes the job. this was on friday. so i leave it to dry over the weekend, so now this morning i go to laminate it and i see this. (refer to the pictures) this is where i had switched the magenta when it ran out. I called our surrort and they say its a file problem. or nozzle got plugged. well how can it be the file when i printed 8 ft fine and it chages colors right in middle of panel. why would nozzles plug in iddle of a print as well. Any suggestions??

the image on right is the 1st panel it printed fine.

Attachments

• DSC02941[1].jpg
    DSC02941[1].jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC02943[1].jpg
    DSC02943[1].jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC02944[1].jpg
    DSC02944[1].jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 84

Rooster

Try re-ripping the panel. You're not lacking any magenta. If the background is supposed to be neutral gray it looks more like you ran out of cyan. Although the difference in gray tone (behind automotive) leads me to believe something may be wrong with the rip settings as it seems much darker than the good panel. At least in the pics.

I've seen jobs sent to reprint do some strange things before. I know my wasatch rip has on occasion picked up the wrong resolution settings. It's like it ripped at one setting and then prints using whatever the last job through was.

BRUSHMARKS

when i sent the job it printed 8 ft and with the mimaki when it runs out of ink, you just change out the cartridge and hit remote again and it starts right where it left off i didnt have to resend the job where the color shift is. also the grey is a gradient from 1 end of the car to the other. the grey is correct.

Rooster

Then it looks like the cyan stopped printing. You have plenty of magenta.

If grays turn red, cyan is out.
If grays turn green, magenta is out.
If grays turn purple or blueish, then yellow is out.

You've done a nozzle check right?

Rooster

Your JV3 has multiple heads right?

What colors print with what heads? It almost looks like both cyan and black have dropped out the more I look at it.

BRUSHMARKS

i did and 1 cyan is missing and 1 black is missing. i am trying to upload the image but keeps crashing my cs3 for some reason. anyways i did a manual cleaning no help, did a ink fill didnt help, soaked heads in clean solvent for 20 mins no help. have done 3-4 head cleanings on strong.

BRUSHMARKS

so i just replaced the dampers in the cyan and the black that were missing. i did a ink fill twice and a head cleaning once. there still isnt any ink back in the lines to the damper. does anyone know how i get it to fill those dampers back up with ink?

APC Tech NE

You might need to clean the capping station and around the heads. Also, try putting the carriage in thin position and running a strong cleaning. If the colors do not come back you may have a capping problem.
Let me know how this works.
Thanks,
Bob

chopper

you need to use a syringe on the ends of the dampers to pull the ink through
or a hose that will fit to siphon with your mouth, you don't want to get ink into your mouth it tastes terrible and burns
//chopper

APC Tech NE

Hi Chopper, Brushmarks,
I don't mean to sound out of line here but.......
I would think that using your mouth to prime dampers is VERY DANGEROUS!!!!!!
Although applying suction on the damper is sound advice, I highly recommend using a syringe for this operation.

ColesCreations

Sucking works fine, as long as you use a long hose that you can see when the ink comes... With a short hose and not being able to see... It does not taste like :beer

I feel I have better control with sucking by mouth than syringe.