• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printer recommendation. Not VG540

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
The Epsons have a head inspection / cleaning position on the left where one is to use the mirror tray, LED light, and swabs along with the rubber wiper blade when needed. I've run multiple machines in super heavy production environments where this was done about 2 or 3 times a week and it takes about 5-6 minutes per machine. Very rarely did I need to use the nozzle cleaning feature from the control panel with the SureColors.

Last edited:

klingsdesigns

Doing some research on latex. Leaning towards the Epson 80600 or latex365. Read there is a lot of waste when doing smaller runs on the latex. Can anyone confirm? Think I will like having separate cutter then the all in one.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Doing some research on latex. Leaning towards the Epson 80600 or latex365. Read there is a lot of waste when doing smaller runs on the latex. Can anyone confirm? Think I will like having separate cutter then the all in one.
Yes, waste is the nature of the beast with latex. With the 365 you can minimize waste on most materials but there is still some waste. Also, heat is a factor and some materials are worse than others.

ExecuPrintGS

Depends what you consider "A lot". People say you need to load it to the take up to start and thats simply not true, we run the lead edge just past the heater and go, its maybe 12" of lead edge waste. If your vacuum settings are good head strikes aren't an issues... its when people have the vac too high or low they have issues.

klingsdesigns

Also looking at summa. Seems like most people like summa over graphtec. I have always had graphtec since 2005. Never had an issue.

klingsdesigns

Finally got it narrowed down to hp365 summa cutter and flexi print and cut. Did some research and feel like this would be best for our shop. Wish it had a better color gamut.

ExecuPrintGS

If you had same exact price quote from a small company and a big company that sells the printer. Which do you prefer?

The small company. I feel like turn over on staff would be less so you will most likely be dealing with the same people all the time. They will know you more personally and know your past issues better. my $.02

Pippip

My heart would say small company but my head would say big company.

You'll possibly get a more personal experience from small company. But if there's any problems the bigger company probably has more swap with their suppliers and if required more techs to deal with problems faster.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Make sure either can service you to your satisfaction... HP can be a nightmare to deal with when things go bad depending on your problem. I've had 3 different issues with 3 different machines over the last 3 years that took months to resolve and only because our Vendor stepped in.