• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Printer suggestion

OK,

so I got some 1x1 samples from 3m on some of their car wrap materials, and the print quality is unlike anything I've ever seen. The colors are so complete and clean when you look close up. I am not sure what printer they are using but the dot gain is amazing. I have contacted them to find out and they don't know how to get that information haha. DO any of you happen to know? Or have some suggestions on the highest quality printers? We print small decals and device skins, so up close quality is very important.

Thanks in advance!

Thomas

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
They most likely used a Roland, Mimaki, Mutoh or Epson printer. The reason their colors and dot gain look so good is because they make their own profiles.

Oroscoe

We use Roland mild solvent printers (have for 10 years) and have GREAT results. I will tell you that what I have been told is that most companies have an unfathomable amount of time put into their product samples so that they will look the absolute best. Hours upon hours of tweaking and manipulating art files to get them as close to perfect as possible. This came from several ( companies like Mimaki, Roland, Oce, HP) at the SGIA shows.

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
OK,

so I got some 1x1 samples from 3m on some of their car wrap materials, and the print quality is unlike anything I've ever seen. The colors are so complete and clean when you look close up. I am not sure what printer they are using but the dot gain is amazing. I have contacted them to find out and they don't know how to get that information haha. DO any of you happen to know? Or have some suggestions on the highest quality printers? We print small decals and device skins, so up close quality is very important.

Thanks in advance!

Thomas

Are you talking about their 1080 wrap film? Wrap film isn't digitally printed.
Or did they send you a print sample of a file with text and graphics? And as others have said, they will be printed as slow as possible with no urgency in mind.