• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printer Suggestions

dutst

I'm looking to get into a stream of work that is going to push more on speed and low operating cost (i.e. outdoor, viewed from a distance, short term). My HP335 is capable and cheap enough to operate, just thought I would see if there were better suggestions for my needs (and my wish list). My 'idea' is based on HP operating costs, so I am just trying to see if another machine either reduces cost or adds other benefits (i.e. vivid color/fills)

I suppose you could boil it down to 2 questions....
1) is there a comparable CMYK or CMYKlmlc machine with lower operating costs and;
2) Is there a machine that produces brighter/vivid/neon colors at the same or similar operating cost as HP.

I realize my question may sound like I'm after a unicorn machine, but I'm more just looking to compare opinions and weigh pros and cons based everyones suggestions from my list.
- 64 inch at least
- output needs to be recyclable
- lower/comparable sq.ft. cost to HP latex
- High speed preferred
- take-up system preferred
- Gamut / color accuracy isn't critical (I'm not trying to hit specific Pantones), but I'm VERY open to more brilliant / brighter / even neon'ish color options. In a nut shell, I'm looking for high-impact vs. color accuracy, and would even consider slightly higher print cost for this benefit.

I have my HP average at around .22-.24 sq.ft. for all-in cost with consumables (Canadian dollars haha). Have seen the StratoJet Hawk 72 and they claim it is around .09 sq.ft (USD) That unit basically meets the needs I have except is a straight CMYK and thus not much in the way of getting some pop in colors, but based on their claims, runs at about half the cost. Would love any feedback and suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

balstestrat

Problem Solver
1) Canon Colorado, you need to print a lot.
2) Epson S80600

If you like latex... you probably checked out the new latex? It's faster and possibly lower running cost... maybe.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Any modern digital printer that is properly calibrated will hit most of the colors you want but I have heard the Epson SureColors have the edge. Investing in the color correction process instead of relying on boxed profiles is what will give you the ability to hit pantones reliably. As far as true neon colors go, you aren't going to get them with a CMYK printer. There are florescent inks out there but I have only seen them one time. Doesn't seem to be a dedicated machine for it.

dutst

1) Canon Colorado, you need to print a lot.
2) Epson S80600

If you like latex... you probably checked out the new latex? It's faster and possibly lower running cost... maybe.
I actually just saw someone post that thread and was reading it. Sounds like they are cheaper face value operating costs.

dutst

Any modern digital printer that is properly calibrated will hit most of the colors you want but I have heard the Epson SureColors have the edge. Investing in the color correction process instead of relying on boxed profiles is what will give you the ability to hit pantones reliably. As far as true neon colors go, you aren't going to get them with a CMYK printer. There are florescent inks out there but I have only seen them one time. Doesn't seem to be a dedicated machine for it.
Thanks, yes I already do my own profiling and it certainly is the only way I could operate. Can't stand canned ones. I just wasn't sure about printers that you see with other inks (i.e. orange) and whether they make certain colors pop better. Not really looking for true neon, more just vivid/brilliant oranges/pinks/greens. I'm pretty happy with the HP, just seeing what else might be able to deliver some better options. Appreciate the feedback!

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Hey, I’m an employee of a multinational company. I’m functioning as one of the purchase managers. Our company has the rule to keep the documents in both hard and soft copies. So we need efficient printers. Printers have a big role in our office. Summaries, contracts, lists etc are some of the main documents. Once in six years, we will replace our old printer with new ones. This time we are planning to purchase the printers online. We did an online search and found an online store with a wide range of printers with good deals. If it’s not too much trouble, please share your views
They're desktop printers.
Get a laser printer. they're the ones you want for documents and a lot of them.

Graysonhunter78

Just to add my 2 cents. Among all the laser printer for documents, I have experienced the following one to be more reliable and effective;

1. Brother MFC-L2750DW
2. HP LaserJet M234dwe
3. Canon ImageClass MF424DW

AlsEU

Just to add my 2 cents. Among all the laser printer for documents, I have experienced the following one to be more reliable and effective;

1. Brother MFC-L2750DW
2. HP LaserJet M234dwe
3. Canon ImageClass MF424DW
There is a hope that he bought something already - he asked the question at the beginning of February.