• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printer upgrade - Roland vs. Mutoh

sagesign

I'm getting ready to upgrade my Roland SP-300 to a 54" machine. I've been extremely happy with the Roland and had planned on getting one of the new Roland TruVIS machines. My Fellers rep wanted to quote me a new Mutoh, so I said go ahead. With the Mutoh, I can get a new 1324x plus a new 54" plotter for a fair bit less than the Roland. I currently have a 30" Mimaki plotter. I am a one man shop and have a limited bit of space for equipment. The new Rolands are almost 40" wider than the Mutoh. I can make it work, but I am now starting to lean towards a Mutoh. Has anyone made the switch between the two or used both and have a preference? Thanks!

espen

Just got the oki (seiko) colorpainter e-64s, and after 2 weeks i can say that the maintenance is low, prints nice, and the speed is adequate. Got the beta driver for Caldera, and a Oki technician making me media profiles. There is media edge guards, so vinyls with "sticky edges" like Arlon 8000, or media that wrinkles easily is no problem to run over night. Printhead has high and low mode. (banner and thick materials in high) Usually print on Avery mpi 1105RS and 3m 40C, and some cheap fujifilm vinyl for stickers. Can recommend the printer!

anthony smith

just Ditched my last solvent printer for a 570 have a hp 360 and there is no way i will bring back a solvent printer
these things print great fast and are maintenance free for the most part.
closed 10 days for christmas and printed like a champ the minute we returned
spent 3 hours flushing my jv33
just my 2 cents

tbullo

Superunknown
If you are in the range of Pioneer supply, I know they have 2 w-64s they are selling cheap. I have a w-64s and they work great if you are looking for a solvent printer. Once a week cleaning ( 5 mins.) and good to go. And CPManager is nice too that comes with it.