• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printhead misfiring/Metal threads poking out from behind rear carriage rod || HP latex 110

IceTrikes

Hello,
We have had an issue with our HP latex 110 for a while now, but it has been constrained to just the far left of the printing zone so we have not worried about it. Recently it has started appearing all across the printing zone however. I have tried replacing printheads and ink repeatedly over the last 6 months or so and sometimes it will go away momentarily, but the issue always eventually returns. It looks like a misfiring error, where one or both of the y/m printheads will fire off full blast at random points across the print zone.
20240223_120148.jpg
20240223_120153.jpg

At the same time I have noticed these metal threads poking out from inside the printing zone, behind the rear carriage rod. What are these? Could they be coming from the trailing cable/causing some sort of misfiring?
20240223_114846.jpg
20240223_114853.jpg
20240223_114902.jpg

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Yeah replace the data and power cable on the trailing pack. Fixes your issue.

Little search, there's more threads about it.