• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printheads from Indonesia

TmCash

Hello folk's, My name is Tod; I'm a noob here on the forum, I would like to say Hello to everybody at "signs 101" and with a first post introduction about the cheap priced printheads from https://printheadstore.com/ they advertise the Mutoh DG-43988 "DX7" for 711.90 $ with 85.00 shipping to Florida. I found a VJ628 in Stewart Fl, sitting in a garage covered, the printhead had been removed and was in a box sitting on the print platen, and now it's in my garage....hmmmmm strange how that happened. I'm a truck driver by trade with a garage full of machining equipment , 3 axis cnc mill, 16x40 lathe, surface grinder, and now a mutoh eco solvent printer, my printing experience has been converting epson printers to eco solvent for stickers, but the "eco series JetBest" ink gives them a lifespan of about 90 days.....I'm in the process now of cleaning up the printer and flushing the lines, I'm going to reinstall the print head and see how it powers up..? that will be interesting. does anybody have some input they can share ? I was also wondering if there is any software for this printer like what Epson uses for servicing and configuring parameters and inputting new head ID and alignment procedures...any information would be appreciated..Thanks

damonCA21

Nobody in Indonesia is selling cheap new printheads for less than Epsons trade price. They are all a scam. At best you will get an old damaged head that doesnt work. At worst they will send you nothing.
But on to your head you have now. There will be a reason it was removed originally. If it has been in that box for more than a couple of weeks you have about a 1% chance of getting it back to a decent printing condition.

TmCash

thanks Damon for your reply, I have to say your logic to that sounds good to me...I don't think its wise to risk that, as for this printhead...there is no hope for it, I soaked it in DSM cleaning solution since Friday when I got off work, all channels are clogged solid, I spoke with Dan.."i think that's his name" at inkjet performance, he suggested to put the head back in just to power it up, "if it does power up" just to see if the boards are functioning and check for codes

damonCA21

thanks Damon for your reply, I have to say your logic to that sounds good to me...I don't think its wise to risk that, as for this printhead...there is no hope for it, I soaked it in DSM cleaning solution since Friday when I got off work, all channels are clogged solid, I spoke with Dan.."i think that's his name" at inkjet performance, he suggested to put the head back in just to power it up, "if it does power up" just to see if the boards are functioning and check for codes

No problem. I think a lot of people get scammed thinking they are getting a bargain. It is the same as sellers claiming they are selling 'refurbished' heads. There is no way to refurbish solvent print heads. All they do is clean the outside, flush them and hope for the best. A telling thing is most of these companies won't let you pay with paypal or a credit card, so you can't do a chargeback!

Putting the head back in will give you some information, but can also be a red herring as if you try runnning a print job the head may move as if everything is working, but it doesn't show if the heads are actually getting signals to fire, so the printer could have expensive board damage.

mbasch

All those foreign cheap printhead sites are scams. You will never see your printhead or your money again. Alibaba often has resellers that are a little less then US suppliers, but just be careful. Also, I would avoid digiprintsupplies. We had a horrible experience with them. message me if you would like more details. It maybe since they are now owned by the same private equity folks who own lexjet, it has turned around.

damonCA21

All those foreign cheap printhead sites are scams. You will never see your printhead or your money again. Alibaba often has resellers that are a little less then US suppliers, but just be careful. Also, I would avoid digiprintsupplies. We had a horrible experience with them. message me if you would like more details. It maybe since they are now owned by the same private equity folks who own lexjet, it has turned around.
In me experience any coming from china are a scam as well. They sell 'refurbished' heads, which means they just flush them and clean the outside, but none are tested so you are unlikely to get a working one. And try returning anything !
People should just pay the extra and by locally. Print heads are a consumable item anyway so should be factored into our normal expenses

Rosa La Rumorosa

Good point, thank you for all the information. But what about the Mutoh DX7 printhead, like this one: https://www.solventinkjet.com/product-page/mutoh-valuejet-dx7-print-head ? Can it be placed in a Mimaki? Apparently, it's the same printhead. Here in my country, DX7 Mutoh and Roland printhead are only 35% of the price of Mimaki's DX7 printhead. Some people say it's just because of the label, but I'm not so sure. Can a Mutoh DX7 printhead be installed on a Mimaki machine with good printing results? Or can it be a scam too, damonCA21 ?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Good point, thank you for all the information. But what about the Mutoh DX7 printhead, like this one: https://www.solventinkjet.com/product-page/mutoh-valuejet-dx7-print-head ? Can it be placed in a Mimaki? Apparently, it's the same printhead. Here in my country, DX7 Mutoh and Roland printhead are only 35% of the price of Mimaki's DX7 printhead. Some people say it's just because of the label, but I'm not so sure. Can a Mutoh DX7 printhead be installed on a Mimaki machine with good printing results? Or can it be a scam too, damonCA21 ?
The only difference between a Mutoh and Mimaki DX7 head is that Mimaki adds a memory chip to the head cover. The chip saves the head rank number. If you take the head cover off your current Mimaki head, put it on the Mutoh head, and then input the head rank number manually, it's exactly the same as if you had bought a MImaki head. We've done it successfully so many times and couldn't count.

Rosa La Rumorosa

The only difference between a Mutoh and Mimaki DX7 head is that Mimaki adds a memory chip to the head cover. The chip saves the head rank number. If you take the head cover off your current Mimaki head, put it on the Mutoh head, and then input the head rank number manually, it's exactly the same as if you had bought a MImaki head. We've done it successfully so many times and couldn't count.
I see, that's why unlike here in my country, you sell all the DX7 heads for the same price on your site, it makes sense. Just to make sure I get what you said, the memory chip is this one on the photo right? And what is the rank number there? The one starting with E22... or the one on the back starting with MK? Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge, I really appreciate you :)

part-number.jpg