• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing aluminum sign blanks with a flatbed

Doc Zoom

Doc Zoom
We are working on a bid to print 1800 aluminum sign panels. We are in the process of getting a Mimaki JFX200 flatbed and I was wondering if anyone had any experience printing traffic signs with a flatbed? How do they look, durability and best way to do it? The thought of manually applying 1800 stickers to sign blanks doesn't sound to fun!
Thanks!

Aklaim

Why not find a vendor that can silk screen them instead? With that much volume, silk screen is the way to go.

greysquirrel

Uv cure on aluminum for street signs would not be my first suggestion...long term durability not there...screen printing is best option

Turnergraphics

Even UV screen ink on bare aluminum isn't all that durable. You have to add a catalyst and print it fairly thin. I'd go with air dry screen ink specifically for aluminum.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Digital prints won't hold up for long term. Cut vinyl or screen print is the way to go on aluminum. That's a pretty big job to have handed back to you in a few years when the reds and yellows have faded.

Even most screen inks don't last more than 2-4 years in direct sun. There are pretty specific inks that's should be used.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
We are a dues paying Merchant Member here and would love to bid it, but need more detail. Can you please email support@firesprint.com with size, colors, finishing options, shipping address, etc. We'll get you a quote right away.

Thanks!

Screen Print Durability using 3M products and 3M suggested screen inks is up to 10 years with screened inks. If you don't use compatible products then you are just asking for trouble.

BALLPARK

I have always been impressed with the work by FireSprint Printing. They produce high quality work and with quick turnarounds.

TomZ

If you use the Mimaki you have to use a cleaner / Primer or your ink will scratch off. You cant beat the Quailty for the print.