• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing bright red on our HP Latex 365

Annette Asberg

I have a question regarding printing a bright red color on our HP Latex 365.
I have a problem getting it as bright as I want to. All of my prints are red mixed with whipping cream:)
Any suggestion on what to do?

dypinc

It is likely a media ICC profile problem along with your RIP settings and density setting in you media preset. When you print a profile target what do your reds look like? If they are good on the target then it is your RIP settings.

What RIP and does it have the ability to create ICC profiles as it will allow you better control than creating them on the printer.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
when you find a good red, keep it and use it. Blue as well. When we are searching for the right blue or right red, we now use graphics from different customers.

FCD

We bump up the ink limit to 120% if we want a good red on our latex. The more ink you lay down the more vibrant the color will be. Make sure your color calibration is up to date as well. A good bright red for us is something like 100%M /90%Y /0%C /0%K

ikarasu

0/100/100/0 should theoretically be the brightest red. I tend to add 4-5% black as well for most of my "bright" reds as it fills it out a tiny bit. It's not as bright, but it gives the illusion of a more fuller / stop sign red color.

dypinc

0/100/100/0 should theoretically be the brightest red. I tend to add 4-5% black as well for most of my "bright" reds as it fills it out a tiny bit. It's not as bright, but it gives the illusion of a more fuller / stop sign red color.
Is that input or output vales?