• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Printing dark graphic banner shows off-color banding

Andrew Hodgson

Hello, I have noticed off-color banding when printing black on vinyl banners. It looks like this only happens on the edge of the graphic of an 8' print on our 98" wide HP FB750 printer and when printing a black background.

Printer: HP FB750
Media: Frontlit Banner
Print Resolution: Indoor Signage
Mode: CMYKcm

Attachments

• 20190716_103047.jpg
    20190716_103047.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 339
  • 20190715_163737.jpg
    20190715_163737.jpg
    725.6 KB · Views: 209

RICHARD SIMMONS

It seems to me that the banding is not in all the surface printed. It seems that you have problems with the nozzles that are covered at some point. Clean heads with a powerfull cleaning

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
We've had that same issue, and no one could ever adequately explain what it was- or why it happens only every 8-18" or so (instead of every pass across), and only on the direction change. We changed thermistors, purged ink completely and tried new inks, replaced lines, heads... Nothing worked. The only thing we ever came up with to correct it was changing the print mode to a higher quality (which sucks, when doing banners or other "throw-away" graphics).