• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing Double Sided American Flags (latex printers)

Hello,

I was looking to print some American flags for a client instead of outsourcing them since every dollar counts now a days! That being said, have any of your printed American flags on latex instead of dye-sub?
What materials do you guys recommend? I have yet to do a project like this but I thought about printing double sided or two single sided flags and sewing them together. Anyone have experience doing something like this? They will be installed on streets.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Well what material are you thinking about? Digi print flag? Ink won't go through as well as sublimation but I think its fine for short time use.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Hello,

I was looking to print some American flags for a client instead of outsourcing them since every dollar counts now a days! That being said, have any of your printed American flags on latex instead of dye-sub?
What materials do you guys recommend? I have yet to do a project like this but I thought about printing double sided or two single sided flags and sewing them together. Anyone have experience doing something like this? They will be installed on streets.

Sewing two pieces together will be the best bet. I have a few different materials you could use, if you want some swatches to see what would work best just let me know.

unclebun

A real sewn nylon made in the USA 3'x5' flag is $34. A printed polyester flag is less than $20. Why would you bother with trying to make them double layer with a latex printer? Do you hate your customer that much?

CJ-NYC

They're likely going to be on the heavy side. Most flags are something called 'single-reverse' which is just a single layer of fabric. If your client expects the flags to fly in a light breeze, they likely won't, or more wind will be needed. If the flags are just hanging open and not at any angle, then you're probably fine. Seconding what unclebun said as well, flags are generally very cheap anyway.