• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing for lightbox

msenjur

Hello!

Im doin' some prints for lightbox. Becouse my printer (Rockhopper I) doesnt have option to make double color layer, i was thinking that maybe i could do one print on white viny, and then second one on transparent vinyl, and then mount all together on plexi glass.

did any of you did something like that? Im affraid that the colors may get too dark if there will be double layers. Should i brighten the second print?

Thanks for reply...

MikePro

clear print mounted behind a white trans print works GREAT!
people always say to mount it so that the substrate is behind the two layers of print, but it makes not difference.

MikePro

doesn't matter how you do it... light source> reverse clear print>plexi>white trans print>viewer or light source>plexi>clear print>white trans print>viewer

both achieve the same result.

the theory here, is to change the color of the bright white light before it passes through your final print... so that it does not wash it out when viewing while illuminated.

msenjur

i just mount it.... It gets pretty darker than one layer print. I think i should brighten up the print on clear vinyl. we will see tomorrow how it will look in natural light...

J Hill Designs

the difference between putting the clear 2nd surface vs directly under the trans print is registration isnt as important (less important 2nd surface)

msenjur

yeah... your are right! in notice there are some visible diferences...

next time, first layer is clear print, then trans print...