• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing/ink advice

force-ultimate

Hi there, I'm new to the forum so first of all 'hi' to everyone.

I'm looking for some advice on Mimaki printers and sublimation, specifically sublimation for heat pressing/injection on sports textile and I have a few questions:

- What are the most adapted Mimaki printers for sublimation (160cm being the minimum roll width)
- I've looked around and have found the jv3, jv33, jv4 and jv5 models. Can they be used for sublimation?
- Can I switch a printer that has been running on solvent inks to sublimation inks without too many problems? What are the issues involved?

Thanks for your time, any help/advice/discussion would be much appreciated.

Robert M

Jv4

Get the JV4, they are faster then the JV3 and do not have heaters so they should cost less. They also do not have the chip sensors that the solvent printers have, so running dye sub will not be a problem

force-ultimate

Mimaki jv33-160

Hi there, I'm picking up this thread again after a looong time. Sorry about that and thank you for the previous answer. I've come across a second hand Mimaki jv33-160, which takes SS2, Eco ES3 and sublimation SB51inks. Is there anything I should know in particular about this machine? Has anyone had any problems with it? From it's tech specs it seems to be the right machine for the job but I'd like to get any feedback you have about it. Thanks.