• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing Issues With Aurora Print Craft Fills

BSL Graphix

Been having issues trying to use AURORA PRINTCRAFT Engine Turn as a Fill outline. I have this problem anytime I use Fills in my designs. I will attach a photo of what is going wrong. The fill is shown on my computer screen as I want it in the design, but when I rip/print some of it is missing in the printed version. I am using Flexi 10 for design, rip/print. In the attached picture, the yellow should be EngineTurn Yellow (missing completely) and the silver should be EngineTurn Silver (partially missing) Thanks for help and advice.

Attachments

• 20160506_154214.jpg
    20160506_154214.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 87

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
We sold Aurora products for a while and, as I recall, we got a few complaints about the PrintCraft fills that they weren't of sufficient size for some jobs, nor were they tileable. As such they were not suitable for use in Flexi and other programs as defined patterns. If you're trying to use them as a defined pattern, they won't work properly because they aren't seamless tiles. If you aren't trying to use them in that fashion, I would guess that your RIP is adjusting their size downward to match the resolution of other raster images in the design and leaving an unfilled area that isn't showing in your design on screen.

The seamless tiles we developed and published since then can be setup as defined patterns in flexi and then used as seamless fills of any size from a swatch in a color palette. Here's a link to our engine turn tiles.

http://www.allcompu.com/search.php?clearSearch=true&searchPhrase=engine+turn

ams

Try converting the outline to an object and power clip (place inside container) into it.

BSL Graphix

Try converting the outline to an object and power clip (place inside container) into it.

I am unsure of what you mean? In the past I would export the graphic to print to my desktop in .eps format, then import it back into flexi to print. This would work, but a lot of times made for a huge file 200+ MB and I would have trouble importing it back into flexi. I'm looking to print directly from Flexi without having to export/import file.

300mphGraphics

Might try converting your entire graphic into a bitmap and then sending that to the rip. I've had similar things happen when I design in CorelDRAW and then save a pdf or eps to import into Flexi.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Make a copy of the complex file and rasterize it at 150 ppi unless it for something very large.

Drop your contour cut on top and export as EPS.