• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printing issues

asd

I am having this issues with both of my printers an epson surecolor and a roland versacam where i am getting this white spot randomly on my prints, I cleaned the heads and changed my caps to see if the problem will go away and is still there, I was wondering if anybody else had this problem before

Attachments

• 20220516_093519.jpg
    20220516_093519.jpg
    848.8 KB · Views: 222
  • 20220516_093508.jpg
    20220516_093508.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 130

mim

0_o
If you're getting that problem on two totally different printers then it's probably an issue with the material. Looks like it got some splatter back at the plant. What material is that?

weyandsign

You may have contaminants in the air. I had this happen after spraying furniture polish (pledge) in the other room from where the printer was.

MelloImagingTechnologies

Many years in the Production Business
Try a different lot number or brand.
It’s definitely a vinyl problem.
It affects solvent printers because they print into the vinyl. I’ve seen it on Avery and 3m products.
Less of a problem on latex and uv printers because they stay on top of vinyl and can cover up the issues.
Bruce

asd

If you're getting that problem on two totally different printers then it's probably an issue with the material. Looks like it got some splatter back at the plant. What material is that?
sorry about the late reply, I've been slammed with work, but the vinyl is 3m it does not matter what brand I use I am always getting these spots

mim

0_o
sorry about the late reply, I've been slammed with work, but the vinyl is 3m it does not matter what brand I use I am always getting these spots

thats bizarre. I agree with Boudica, look up. There's definitely something on the vinyl.