• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing Multiple Page from AI to VW

Custom_Grafx

Does this happen to anyone else? Is there a fix?

1) create for example 4 x A4 sized artboards in AI
2) print all pages from AI (1-4)
3) open job in VW
4) everything looks laid up ok on preview screen (everything is at correct size)
5) when you rip and print, the first page is printed at correct size, the one next to it, which is supposed to be the same size, is tiny, (like 1 inch across, and mirrored).

The even stranger thing is, if you make all 4 pages say 20% size in "layout", all print at the same size. Make everything 100% again, and it goes back to it's screwed up self.

Is there a workaround to this bug apart from sending the pages separately?

Letterbox Mike

Just save the file as a .pdf, and open the .pdf in Versaworks. I don't have VW so I can't tell you beyond there, but Illustrator will export a perfect multi-page .pdf easily.

If the conflict you are getting is with Versaworks not properly opening a multi-page .pdf, then rasterize the .pdf in Photoshop and save the individual pages as .tiff files and RIP those. It's an extra step but it's guaranteed to work.

Custom_Grafx

Thanks for that. Yes I can confirm saving to PDF definitely works - was just wondering if there was a way to get it to go from AI to VW directly - guess not :(

Cheers again!