• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Printing on HP 360 with Flexi 12

Lea Marc

Hi guys,

We were printing 6 copies a 4-page pdf on our HP 360 through Flexi 12 Production Manager with 'page nesting' selected and it completely changed the order of the panels when it printed. It looked correct on screen and on the screen of the HP too but when the job printed the panels were reorganised and there were big white gaps between some pieces. The correct amount did print but probably used 20' more 3M IJ180 than it needed to.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? I have had a couple of problems before with multi-page pdfs through Flexi 12 Production Manager but they were when I told it to print pages 1,2&5 of a 8 page file for example. I did call Flexi at the time then and they said to use the actual Flexi 12 program and they couldn't explain why this was happening from Production Manager. But this shouldn't be happening in the first place, especially as when both screen previews show the job will print correctly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Steve

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Sounds like you didn't poll the actual media size prior to inputting the PDF file.

jayhawksigns

I usually poll media size when I have the file open in PM initially and then just click ok so I can just rip the file. Reopen it after it rips to make sure it looks like it should before I send.

Flexi, in my experience, likes to think it knows better then you do when it nest jobs or copies. Normally it doesn't like you have figured out. Its one of the weak points in the software, and why I don't normally do copies in PM and prefer doing my copy layout in Flexi.

Lea Marc

Would pol size make that much difference? Admittedly I didn't do that but it sounds too simple to be the reason behind it but will try that next time. I do do the copies in PM but the majority of imposition layout is done with Illustrator and saved as a pdf from there, would that affect it too?

ArkansasSign

Poll size could definitely be the issue. I have facepalmed many a time printing on 60" material and see the production manager say '59.xx' but once it actually starts printing it will print at the 54" it was originally sized to, usually just resend file to PM after poll sizing in Flexi before it holds.