• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing on Marine Grade vinyl?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Works great on our Mimaki. Just wipe it down really good with alcohol first to be sure you have no surface contamination. Regardless do some small test prints first since you never really know how the material will take the ink. On the several times I've done it though, no problem.

Upholstery Vinyl

Can you identify a manufacturer or source for this upholstery vinyl that you have used successfully?

Did you apply a liquid over-laminate after printing? Thank you for any insight into your experiences.

P. Wagner

I don't know the manufacturer. We just purchased it from a local fabric store. Jo-ann fabrics I'm pretty sure. We have done a few motorcycle seats and golf cart seats. We didn't laminate it, although I think liquid laminate would work really well on it. They have lasted many years, last I saw one of the motorcycle seats it was about 5 years old. It had a little wear look, but still was very nice.

phototec

Works great on our Mimaki. Just wipe it down really good with alcohol first to be sure you have no surface contamination. Regardless do some small test prints first since you never really know how the material will take the ink. On the several times I've done it though, no problem.

Thanks, going to give it a try.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I don't know the manufacturer. We just purchased it from a local fabric store. Jo-ann fabrics I'm pretty sure. We have done a few motorcycle seats and golf cart seats. We didn't laminate it, although I think liquid laminate would work really well on it. They have lasted many years, last I saw one of the motorcycle seats it was about 5 years old. It had a little wear look, but still was very nice.

Pretty much the exact same experience for us..... even buying it at the same place, the Jo-ann down the road. Done some boat seats, spare tire covers, etc. and have never tried any sort of laminate.