• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing On Mdo With Mimaki Jfx 200 Questions/problems

Signsup

We have had our Mimaki JFX 200 for less than a year. We did some MDO signs for a realitor several months ago . We printed 4 x 8 sheets on Primed MDO and they came out great. We did this a couple of times without issue. Some time passed and we tried printing on primed again but got blemishes on the print and our finger prints showing on the edges even though we cleaned with denatured alcohol. So, we tried printed on painted MDO with better results but the prints are still not perfect. There are still blemishes and color imperfections in spots. We tried clening with denatured alcohol and not cleaning and got the same results. We have had an MDO shortage where we are at lately and I know that it is a wood product and is subject to shrinkage and swelling.
Any suggestions? We have a couple of people requesting it. I can try and convince them to use an ACM material but if they insist on using MDO I would like to give them a nice print. So, any suggestions or insight?