• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing on reflective help

Number 9

I've done a search in the forums & no luck. I'm using a SP-540i and there are no profiles in the latest versa works for reflective, I did try to print once with a generic profile & it just puddled up.
Is there a resorce for profiles other than the ones listed in versaworks?

tracey.peterson

Reflective is tough to profile due to the nature of the white point (translucent vinyls have similar issues). Usually people just "marry" an existing profile that has similar ink retension.

Jamie's recommendation is spot on - even if that particular profile doesn't work well for you, there's bound to be one that matches close enough. This, by the way, is the only time I'd recommend this ;). It's always better to have a profile for the material you want to use, assuming it CAN be profiled. Good luck!

jmcnicoll

I use are vehicle vinyl profile and usually double pass it. Some colors may need to be modified, I may set up red at 80M 75Y instead of 100M 95Y. Single pass is usually too weak and double at full color is too much.

Jim