• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printing on shrink wrap

adkmaid

does anyone out there know how i can print on shrink wrap so i can shrink wrap a design on a christmas ball? I have tried to tape this flimsy stuff to a stiffer substance its awful. I can lay down ink from the Roland but the ink reacts with the shrink wrap, i tried putting it through an ink jet and it smears all over, i wouldnt dare throw it through the laserjet either. isthere a stiffer shrink wrap? that doesnt react with ink? has anyone tried this? i get these hair brain ideas but then have to figure them out, my shop looks like Christmas puked with all of my trials and errors.:banghead:

GB2

Old Member
Certainly it can be done as I've seen examples....how and/or by whom, is a different story.

HulkSmash

does anyone out there know how i can print on shrink wrap so i can shrink wrap a design on a christmas ball? I have tried to tape this flimsy stuff to a stiffer substance its awful. I can lay down ink from the Roland but the ink reacts with the shrink wrap, i tried putting it through an ink jet and it smears all over, i wouldnt dare throw it through the laserjet either. isthere a stiffer shrink wrap? that doesnt react with ink? has anyone tried this? i get these hair brain ideas but then have to figure them out, my shop looks like Christmas puked with all of my trials and errors.:banghead:

screen printer possibly could.. i wouldn't put that material near my hp 9000's

jiarby

I think the shrink wrap manufacturer prints on the rolls using offset presses. Then they sell by the roll or cut the rolls into bags.

A pad printer would probably work.

Maybe you could sell decals instead for the product and apply them after shrink wrapping.