• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing on Textile Materials?

gitec01

Hello! does anyone here knows if the the Roland Soljet pro II V sc-545ex can print on textile Materials such as flags?

your input much appreciated. thanks.

Ponto

...my Roland Swatch book shows a "Polysilk Soft Cloth" media (designated at 12mil) it has a liner to be removed after the print....

Bigdawg

Just Me
I'll get the material name we use from work tomorrow. Very nice rich colors - it's a bit like printing perf in that you have to up the saturation to get bright colors. There is no two sided that I know of but when that's required we just back them up together and sew a lockstitch on ye olde home sewing machine. They do need to be hemmed that way too - or at least we do.

D

Digitall

tell me more.

2nd that about the VP-540 and flags. We get nearly 100% reverse side print with our Roland. It does however take a lot of messing around with heat settings, media type settings, unidirectional, number of passes and the like. Took us almost a year of trying different things before we got what we consider damn near perfect.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Okay... material I'm using is Sign Supply's house brand. Seem to get a good, clean print-through on them....