• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing overlapping TIFFs in OMEGA?

deadbymorning

I have a job that was created with photoshop effects and would be a 4 color process. However the colors used are only orange and black so I was wondering if there is a way to print 2 images on top of each other. For instance take the orange as one TIFF assign it a spot orange and then print the black TIFF on top of that. In tests I have done the top image knocks out the bottom image and it doesnt end up getting printed. I hope I explained this alright... any help would be awesome!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
You must give the top image an Overprint or Overlap assignment to keep it from knocking out the bottom image. The preview will not show correctly in most instances in Composer but it will print okay.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Did you separate the orange from the black in Photoshop to create two correct images for each of the two colors and then adjust them to 100% black?