• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing Problem with Roland Versacamm vs-640i

Hong

Hi again. Here is the result of the choke clean. Sadly no improvements. I even air cleaned the plastic connector that holds the lines to the dampers, thinking it could be what is clogged. nothing there either. :(
Friend, have you solved the issue? I have same issue before, first soak head with cleaning solution for couple of hours or over night, then try to syringe from bottom line which is from captop to pump, close one line and draw ink from another line( since your right cyan missing, so pull from right line), after that, run power clean, see whether you have right cyan comes out, if not do choke clean, then test print, if not do fill ink then test print. if still nothing change( which rarely happen), might need change head.

C5 Service&Repair

I'm using Rite Media Procolor 3 inks

^^ problem found

Now to solve it you'll need to switch inks, at LEAST flush the cyan out and get a different batch number of cyan than you have now. If your tech is any good, he should be able to flush the head and get it printing with good ink.

This is the risk you take with aftermarket ink. Save a few bucks per bottle or cartridge but once you have issues, it costs a lot to fix them ...

vondegroot

I'm assuming you found the gremlin? Having same prob, but pretty sure I just need new dampers. Waiting for them to arrive :)

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
Can you pull ink from the top of the dampers? I had a choke valve fail on me. Stuck closed or something. Disconnect the tube from the damper and try to suck ink from the cartridge.