• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Printing problem

Pat1967

Good evening ,
can anyone help me solve this problem?
It is a Roland SP-300i.
i did the cleaning as Roland's videos have indicated, but I keep keeping this problem.
It seems like a kind of haze of ink coming to the edges.
with kindness Patrick
IMG_7626.JPG
IMG_7627.JPG

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Have you done a nozzle test to see how they look, as well, have you cleaned the encoder strip?

Pat1967

Thanks for the quick reaction.
No and no , but first i will do a nozzle test and then i will look the internet for how to clean the encoder strip.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Remove the static from that room. Humidifiers.... there's also some kinda anti-static chain or whatever you can string across the back of the printer. Not sure on that, as we never used one. Static doesn't seem to be much of a problem in our shop.

Zoogee World

Thanks for the quick reaction.
No and no , but first i will do a nozzle test and then i will look the internet for how to clean the encoder strip.
It's relatively simple to do a encoder strip cleaning. You'll need some cleaning swabs and isopropyl, then you take the swab wet it with the isopropyl, then lightly rub it going down the encoder strip in 1 direction, after it's clean, take a dry swab and wipe it up. Try another print and see if any difference. However, I would start with a nozzle test print first to see if you have deflections.

Zoogee World

There's your issue right there. Looks like you had a bad head strike. My guess is, you need a new cyan / Black head.

Pat1967

Ok, Thanks for your quick respons.It's very appreciated.So in order to get a new printhead.
Have a nice day,
Patrick

Zoogee World

It's pretty easy to get a 3rd party head for these and if you can get your hands on the service manual, it's pretty easy to replace if you are a mechanically handy person.

Zoogee World

Yes, I get ours from Chinese supplier. A google search should be able to help you out. Unfortunately as these machines are end of life, no certified Roland Tech will touch them, so you need to do all servicing yourself.

Shred_signs

Lost Member
There's your issue right there. Looks like you had a bad head strike. My guess is, you need a new cyan / Black head.
Have you tried cleaning this head before replacing it?
Have you physically line-of-sight looked at the head?
Have you looked at the capping station are your caps in good condition?
Replacing the head won't fix anything if you're caps aren't sealing.
Could there be extensive wear on your wiper blade? It may not be making good contact.

Sometimes it is the head most times it isn't.
There are cheaper parts to inspect and replace first.

Zoogee World

Have you tried cleaning this head before replacing it?
Have you physically line-of-sight looked at the head?
Have you looked at the capping station are your caps in good condition?
Replacing the head won't fix anything if you're caps aren't sealing.
Could there be extensive wear on your wiper blade? It may not be making good contact.

Sometimes it is the head most times it isn't.
There are cheaper parts to inspect and replace first.
The head is permanently damaged, with it going sideways, there's no bringing that back, even if other parts are needed. But as what you mentioned, it would be smart for him to replace those parts at the same time as the head.

Pat1967

I will do that. I will be going to ask all of this for the person who installed this printer for me.
I bought it as a completely refurbished one.

Shred_signs

Lost Member
The head is permanently damaged, with it going sideways, there's no bringing that back, even if other parts are needed. But as what you mentioned, it would be smart for him to replace those parts at the same time as the head.
Damn. I don't think I have ever toasted a head on a head strike.

Sorry Pat1967 i tried to find you an option that wasn't the head.
(just saw your response, That's the only time I have ever replaced heads is bringing back a machine that was new to me)
We did have 6 heads damaged on our flatbed by movers... That was a hefty check...