• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing Problem?

MCV

I am printing with an FX and here is the problem. Decal has three colors black, red, and silver. Black and silver print fine but when it comes to a couple small red details the printer pauses makes a noise skips then repeats (pause, skip, noise). What results is the red details are misaligned by a lot, like 1 or 2 inches off where they should be. I have already tried rotating the image, changed the caddy, sub out the color, and turned off all bleeds/traps. I have no idea what could be the problem. Also noticed today when I try to advance the vinyl with the arrow buttons it will advance about an inch then I get a loud noise and it gets stuck. Backing up works perfect.

stevesign

Gerber Problem

Let us know which software you are using to drive the printer, if its Flexi, then this is a known problem, try printing the image using Omega.

Steve

stevesign

Gerber

Yes, sorry, i completely missed the part about "Also noticed today when I try to advance the vinyl with the arrow buttons it will advance about an inch then I get a loud noise and it gets stuck."

That does sound like a hardware problem.

Steve