• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing Registration Marks

jalfu

I currently use a vendor for digital printing for decals, etc. However they won't do any contour cutting. I'm looking at investing in a Graphtec Cutter w/the optical eye for contour cuts. I use Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop for my art. Can I add registration marks to the artwork files and the cutter will read these ok and cut what is needed? Or is this even possible?
Thanks for any help.

0igo

if you're going to get a cutter don't get graphtec, especially not one from sign warehouse. I would go with a different brand if you're trying to save yourself time, headaches and money.

ams

With Roland, Registration marks are automatic in the Versaworks software. Just check the box and your done, it will print/cut with them.
I agree about not getting a graphtec, get something better. Why not just get a Print/Cut machine? If money is an issue, you can pick up a used one on Ebay for $10 - $15k for 54"

oksigns

I currently use a vendor for digital printing for decals, etc. However they won't do any contour cutting. I'm looking at investing in a Graphtec Cutter w/the optical eye for contour cuts. I use Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop for my art. Can I add registration marks to the artwork files and the cutter will read these ok and cut what is needed? Or is this even possible?
Thanks for any help.

Registration marks will be done by the rip software. Since you are PS/IL based, you will have tons of fun with your flexibility of the design.

Bigdawg

Just Me
I have no issues cutting on our Graphtec after printing on the Roland. Cutting Master is the link in between - you add register marks in Illustrator to the job before you print it and then use those marks to cut. I prefer it that way because it leaves the printer free to print - because if it ain't printing, we ain't making money :)